Capital Dehradun Official Language Hindi
Uttarakhand is often referred to as the Devbhumi or the Land of Gods. Uttarakhand is known for the natural environment of the Himalayas, the Bhabhar and the Terai. On 9 November 2000, Uttarakhand became the 27th state of the Republic of India. The natives of the state are generally called Uttarakhandi, or more specifically either Garhwali or Kumaoni by their region of origin. The Census estimates of the population is 10,086,292 making it the 19th most populous state in India. The main languages of Uttarakhand are:
- Kumaoni - The Kumaoni language forms the main subgroup of the Pahari language
- Garhwali - Garhwali language is mainly a hilly dialect that originated from Hindi
- Hindi and English
The major cities include Dheradun , Rishikesh, Nainital and Gharwal.
What is usurping?
A state that is nested in the Himalayas Uttarakhand previously known as Uttaranchal is known as the “Land of Gods” as it is abode to many famous temples and shrines, this is the state from where two of the most sacred and longest rivers of India the Ganges and Yamuna originate. The entire state is soaked in religious tradition and most of it are still unknown to the human even now, there is a lot of mysticism about this place. Abode to two of the most revered shrines in the Hindu religion Badrinath and Kedarnath signifying the two mighty Indian gods Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. Everything that Uttarakhand offers usurps us into a totally peaceful and tranquil world.
Uttarakhand has a number of primary and secondary schools run by both private and government bodies. There are enormous scope for higher learning with the availability of world renowned institutions offering graduate and post graduate programs in various disciplines. Uttarakhand has IIT, NIT and the All India Institute of Medical sciences offering world class program in engineering and medical discipline, other famous institutions are Forest Research Institute University, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, HIHT University, Graphic Era University, and DIT University besides these institutions there are lot of private run colleges offer quality education program.
The most famous dishes are Singal, Gahat ki Dal, Rus, Aloo ke Gutke. The most preferred Non Veg Dish is Chicken Korma.
The popular Veg Dishes are:
- Kandalee ka Saag
- Kaafli Arsa
- Gulgula and Kulath Phanu
Some of the sweet the delicacies are:
- Kesar Halwa (popular Festive Delicacy)
- Jhangora Ki Kheer
AlmoraBageshwarChamoliChampawatDehradunHaridwarNainitalPauri GarhwalPithoragarhRudraprayagTehri GarhwalUdham Singh NagarUttarkashi
- Land of Gods : The world famous pilgrimage places are Badrinath, the Kedarnath and Rishikesh
- The trekking and horse riding to visit these temples is in itself a divine feeling.
- Apart from this Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand is a beautiful retreat in the summers.
- The other important destinations are Jim Corbett National Park- for Bengal tigers & Ramganga Reservoir.
- Rajaji National Park-Wildlife reserve with visitor cottages and Valley of Flowers rich park with colourful bloom.
- The culture of Uttarakhand has a distinctive pattern, with the elements from each of the ethnic groups and sub-groups that resides in this place.
- The culture of Uttarakhand is a juncture where the different cultures of the Kumaoni-Garhwal meet.
- Uttarakhand of religious customs, richness of wildlife heritage, exotic mountains makes Uttarakhand a perfect representation of Indian cultural tradition.
- Uttarakhand has a cultured and colourful society. Uttarakhand has every thing that any tourist could want.
- From ghagra dresses of women to the delicious Phaanu dish and from Langvir Nritya to the Jhodas folk songs, everything binds the people here. The beliefs and lifestyles of Kumaoni and Garhwali people dominate the culture.
- Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun)
- Pant Nagar Airport (Pant Nagar)