Capital Lucknow Official Language Hindi, Urdu
Uttar Pradesh is a state in northern India. Abbreviated as UP, it is the most populous state in the Republic of India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world. The densely populated state, is located in the northern region of the Indian subcontinent. Popular cities are Kanpur, Agra, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Jhansi and Muzzafarpur.
What is Ultimate?
One of the most oldest state in the republic of India and the most populous state in India. Uttar Pradesh has a long history and has contributed to the Indian revolution from age old times, the powerful Magadha, Maurya, Nanda and Gupta dynasty have all been instrumental in the development of this nation to a power house during their times. The state boast of wealth of natural resources, abundant water resources, rich soil base and numerous mineral resources making it one of the major state contributing to the GDP of this nation. The world famous Taj Mahal and numerous examples of the Mugal architecture, the state has several historical, natural, and religious tourist destinations making it as one of the most state of the nation.
There are a number of private and government run schools offering quality education in the primary and secondary school segment. Uttar Pradesh also boasts of numerous institutions offering specialized program in engineering, arts, science, humanities, law, medicine, agriculture, business and management programs. Uttar Pradesh has more than 30 universities, including 4 central universities, 20 state universities, 8 deemed universities, 2 IITs, 1 IIM in Lucknow, 1 NIT in Allahabad and several polytechnics, engineering colleges and industrial training institutes making it as one amongst the top states for quality education.
The food specialties in Uttar Pradesh are wide, ranging in variety, taste and flavour. Uttar Pradesh cuisine is categorised into six groups- sweet, sour, salty, spicy, bitter and astringent. Puri-Aloo and Kachori are among the most famous vegetarian dishes Meat delicacies and Biryanis (rice preparations) Dum Pukht, Mughal food items.
The Non Vegetarian food and dishes include:
- Kundan Kaliya (a mutton preparation with gravy along with turmeric or saffron)
- Shami Kabab, Kakori Kabab, Gulnaar Kababs, Nehari Khaas, Nargisi Kofta (hard boiled egg, wrapped in mince and deep fried), Patili Kabab, Pasanda Kababs.
A UPite food is incomplete without mouth watering sweets like the Petha (Agra), Peda (Mathura), Gazak and Rewri (Meerut)
AgraAligarhAllahabadAmbedkar NagarAmethiAmrohaAuraiyaAzamgarhBaghpatBahraichBalliaBalrampurBandaBarabankiBareillyBastiBijnorBudaunBulandshahrChandauliChitrakootDeoriaEtahEtawahFaizabadFarrukhabadFatehpurFirozabadGautam Buddha NagarGhaziabadGhazipurGondaGorakhpurHamirpurHardoiHathras (Mahamaya Nagar)JalaunJaunpurJhansiJyotiba Phule NagarKannaujKanpur Dehat (Ramabai Nagar)Kanpur NagarKanshiram NagarKaushambiKheriKushinagarLalitpurLucknowMaharajganjMahobaMainpuriMathuraMauMeerutMirzapurMoradabadMuzaffarnagarPanchsheel Nagar (Hapur)PilibhitPratapgarhRaebareliRampurSaharanpurSant Kabir NagarSant Ravidas NagarShahjahanpurShamliShravastiSiddharth NagarSitapurSonbhadraSultanpurUnnaoVaranasiHapurSambhal
- Taj Mahal-Iconic domed Mughal mausoleum
- Ganges-River, rafting, dolphin, glacier, and yoga
- Jim Corbett National Park-Bengal tigers & Ramganga Reservoir
- Agra Fort-ughal stronghold on ancient site
- Kasi Viswanath temple
- The Maha Kumbh which takes after long gaps, is the most famous and mammoth gathering of devotees in India and from abroad
- The Culture of Uttar Pradesh is an Indian Culture which has its roots in the Hindi and Urdu literature, music, fine arts, drama and cinema.
- Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, has several beautiful historical monuments such as Bara Imambara and Chhota Imambara.
- Ayodhya is the most famous pilgrimage place were God Ram is said to have taken birth. The Ghats on the banks of the Ganga river.
- Lavish weddings are solemnised with pomp and show.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
- Kanpur Civil Airport
- Kanpur Airport
- Gorakhpur Airport
- Agra Airport
- Allahabad Airport
- Bareilly Airport
- Rae bareli Airport
- Meerut Airport
- Aligarh Airport
- Faizabad Airport
- Moradabad Airport
- Farrukhabad Airport
- Lakhimpur Kheri Airport
- Kushinagar Airport
- Sultanpur Airport
- Muirpur Airport
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
- Jhansi Airport