Capital Chennai Official Language Tamil
One of the very important state in the republic of India, Tamilnadu is also one of the founding state in the republic of India. Tamil Nadu, a South Indian state, is famed for its Dravidian-style Hindu temples. In Madurai, Meenakshi Amman Temple has high ‘gopuram’ towers ornamented with colourful figures. On Pamban Island, Ramanathaswamy Temple is a pilgrimage site. The town of Kanyakumari, at India’s southernmost tip, is the site of ritual sunrises. Capital Chennai is known for beaches and landmarks including 1644 colonial Fort St. George. One cannot miss the long coastline and the world’s famous and one of the longest beaches – the Marina. Tamil is spoken by most of the people while around ten percent of the people residing in Tamil Nadu speak Telugu. Other languages that are spoken by people relocated centuries back are Kannada, Urdu and Malayalam (though they are spoken by much smaller percentage). Apart from Chennai the other popular cities are Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappali, Salem, Erode, Tirupur, Dindigul, Tirunelveli and Tuticorin.
What is Tantalising?
One of the most ancient places in the Indian history, Tamilnadu has a strong blend of history, culture and tradition that dates back to centuries, the three major kingdom the Chera, Chola and Pandya dynasty have contributed to the ancient Tamilnadu with magnificent architecture, numerous temples and also have contributed to the ancient economy in larger sense. Tamilnadu also boasts of tremendous natural wealth and has three splendorous hill stations in Ooty, Kodaikanal and Yercaud and has numerous waterfalls. Tamilnadu has also got the second longest coast line abetting the bay of Bengal, rich in soil, rich in minerals rich in qualified and skilled manpower, everything about Tamilnadu is tantalising.
Tamil Nadu can be termed as the education capital of the country with renowned schools in the primary and secondary education segment, there are world renowned institutions that offer graduate, post graduate and doctoral degree programs. Privatization of the technical education in Tamilnadu has paved way for world class engineering institutions, some of the renowned government owned institutions are Madras University, Anna University, College of Engineering, IIT, NIT, IIM, Bharatidasan university, Madurai Kamaraj University just to name a few, there are also world leading deemed universities like the SRM University, VIT, Amirta University, Sastra University offering world class multi disciplinary education. The Madras Medical college and the Ramachandra Medical University attract students from all over the world for specialized education in medicine. There are also a sizeable number of law schools and management schools imparting quality education.
- Rice is the major staple food of most of the Tamil people.
- Rice (choru)
- Sambar, poriyal (curry)
- Rasam, kootu and curd
- Pongal is one of the most preferred morning breakfast.
- Idlis, Dosas and vadas of varieties with Chutney and Sambar.
- Tamil Nadu has a long Coast Line - The Marina Beach
- Meenakshi Amman Temple with vast gate towers
- Mudumalai National Park-Wildlife sanctuary & nature reserve
- Brihadisvara Temple
- Thanjavur- Hogenakkal-Waterfall
- Kodaikanal-Hill Station
- Mahabalipuram Beach and Resort
- Madurai-Historical & Heritage
- The cultural Heritage of Tamil Nadu goes way back to ancient times.
- The contribution of Tamil Nadu to literature, music and arts of Indian heritage is exemplary.
- Music and dance are the essence of Tamil Nadu.
- Rowing bands travel from village to village singing ballads and rendering entertainment to the common folks.
- Chennai International Airport
- Coimbatore International Airport
- Hosur Aerodrome
- Madurai Airport
- Salem Airport
- Tiruchirapalli International Airport
- Tuticorin Airport