Capital Jaipur Official Language Hindi
A very popular state in the north western part of India, Rajasthan has been an integral part of the republic of India since its independence. Hindi, Bhili, Punjabi and Urdu are the commonly spoken languages. The well-known cities are Udaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Bhilwara, Barmer, Chittorgarh and Kota.
What is Royal?
Everything in Rajasthan is royal, Rajasthan literally means the “Land of Kings” or “Land of Kingdoms”, this state has contributed to the Indian culture and heritage and is second to none when it comes to traditions, gorgeous palaces, grand architecture, splendorous landscape, enviable resources all make Rajasthan truly royal. Its features include the ruins of the Indus Valley Civilization at Kalibanga; the Dilwara Temples, a Jain pilgrimage site at Rajasthan's only hill station, Mount Abu, in the ancient Aravalli mountain range; and, in eastern Rajasthan, the Keoladeo National Park near Bharatpur, a World Heritage Site known for its bird life. Rajasthan is also home to two national tiger reserves, the Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar and Ranthambore National Park.
During recent years, Rajasthan has made significant progress in the area of education. The state government has been making sustained efforts to improve the education standard. There a sizeable number of private and secondary schools offering quality education. Rajasthan offers unlimited scope for graduate, post graduate and doctoral degree studies, there are nine state run universities, hundreds of private colleges offering engineering, science, arts, humanities, medicine, law and management education. Some of the world renowned institutions are IIT, BITS Pilani, the Amity University, college of technology and engineering, Modi Institute of technology and science just to name a few.
Rajasthani cuisine uses a lot of ghee. If you happen to be in Rajasthan anytime soon, don't miss out on
- Dal baati churma
- Pyazz kachori
- Gatte ki sabzi
- Papad ki sabzi
- For those who live on meaty delights, laal maas, safed maas, banjari gosht , dont miss to satisfy your taste buds every day!
AjmerAlwarBanswaraBaranBarmerBharatpurBhilwaraBikanerBundiChittorgarhChuruDausaDholpurDungarpurHanumangarhJaipurJaisalmerJaloreJhalawarJhunjhunuJodhpurKarauliKotaNagaurPaliPratapgarhRajsamandSawai MadhopurSikarSirohiSri GanganagarTonkUdaipur
- Ajmer Fort-16th-century hilltop fort & palace
- Hawa Mahal-Pink/red sandstone 'Palace of the Winds'
- City Palace
- Jaipur-Lavish 1700s palace complex & museum. Mehrangarh-Massive historic site with preserved art.
- Wild life Sanctuaries
- The innumerable Forts
- The palaces of Jaipur and Ajmer-Pushkar
- The lakes of Udaipur
- The desert forts of Jodhpur
- Taragarh Fort (Star Fort) in Bundi and Bikaner
- Jaisalmer - The camel rides on the desert sands
- Rajasthan has artistic and cultural traditions which reflect the ancient Indian way of life.
- Rajasthan had a history. It was also called Rajputana (the country of the Rajputs).
- This historical state of India attracts tourists and vacationers with its rich culture, tradition, heritage, and monuments.
- Jaipur International Airport
- Jaisalmer Airport
- Jodhpur Airport
- Nal Airport
- Kota Airport
- Maharana Pratap Airport